VSF Belgium Office Assistant Job in Kampala Uganda 2013
In East Africa, our programmes focus on community based animal health services, capacity building of local institutions and governments, conflict mitigation and sustainable natural resource management
Position Title: Office Assistant
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Duration: 1 year, renewable
Role: Front office and housekeeping management to ensure services at the Kampala office run smoothly.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the switchboard and reception area.
- In charge of general administrative activities in the office.i.e. Scanning, photocopy, typing documents etc.
- In charge of office Housekeeping.
- Managing stationery, office supplies and kitchen inventory.
- Responsible for timely preparation of utility bills and payment.
- Responsible for knowledge management within VSF Belgium
- Certificate in Secretarial, Front office management or relevant administration qualification.
- Experience in switchboard operation and reception/front office management
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a busy organization
- Competent in use of Microsoft applications especially Excel and Word
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good typing skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadline
- Ability to work independently
- Team Player
- Proactive and takes initiative
- Respect when dealing with others at all levels
- Very presentable, outgoing with a pleasant character
- Identify him/herself with the mission, vision and values of VSF-Belgium
- Display of intercultural sensitivity.
This vacancy is open to Ugandan male and female candidates.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information: www.vsf-belgium.org