Nairobi Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA), Jobs vacancies in Nairobi Kenya 2013
In order to carry out this mandate effectively, the Authority is seeking for dedicated, passionate and highly- driven individuals, who are able to demonstrate strong analytical skills, are result oriented, excellent time managers and team players to fill the following vacant positions;
Job Title: Corporate Affairs Manager
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of the Authority’s corporate communications strategy in collaboration with other functions.
- Develop and implement appropriate communications, public relations and reputation strategies.
- Plan and conduct programs designed to create and maintain a positive corporate image to the external public.
- Properly plan and direct the communication strategies designed to keep internal public informed of the of the Authority’s programmes and policies.
- Manage the production of appropriate communication and dissemination of strategies through presentations, press releases, speeches, position papers with reference to the corporate mission and vision.
- Establish and maintain regular contact with media practitioners with a view to enhancing goodwill and positive coverage for the Authority.
- Plan and execute the Authority’s participation in key corporate events, including conferences, anniversaries, customer forums, agriculture shows, receptions and media events.
- Initiate and coordinate the production of in-house publications.
- Manage the implementation of corporate social responsibility programmes.
- Devise and implement internal communications campaign.
- Edit, review and provide support in design, production and distribution of newsletters, annual reports, speeches, publications, website contents, reports and outreach materials to ensure clarity in the communication of information.
- Ensure liaison with communications contacts throughout the Authority and monitor compliance with corporate citizenship policies.
- Manage the development and dissemination of Authority-generated media materials including quality control and compliance with the Authority’s corporate visual identity.
- Develop crisis management communication planning, readiness and response capabilities consistent with Authority corporate guidelines.
- Create and deliver media handling strategy for corporate issues to protect reputation.
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the Director General from time to time.
- Bachelors’ degree in Mass Communication or related field with Post graduate training in Mass Communication/Journalism.
- Membership in relevant professional body.
- Masters degree in Social Sciences or related field will be an added advantage.
- A result driven and dynamic person with over 5 years experience in a related function in public relations or media and at senior management level.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in both English and Kiswahili languages.
- Team player and strong leadership skills.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Excellent computer use skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Purpose of the Job
- Supervises and implements ICT strategies
- Installs and operationalizes LANs, WANs and other systems
- Oversees and administers Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and data through-put
- Assesses ICT training needs and develops appropriate programmes for end users and technical staff
- Maintains an up-to-date ICT hardware, software and allied accessories inventory
- Administers the Information Resource Centre Unit within ICT section
- Performs troubleshooting and fixes malfunctions, faults and errors within the LAN and WAN and monitors inbound/outbound portals
- Undertakes repairs of computer hardware, telephony system and allied accessories
- Develops and installs relevant application and program software
- Maintains and ensures a secure ICT environment
- Monitors and ensures internet and LAN security to protect data and ICT resources
- Manages an on-line electronic library
- Organizes and maintains regular data and information backups
- Performs system analysis and ad-hoc programmes periodically
- Undertakes other duties as assigned
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent
- Certification from relevant professional bodies, e.g. MCSE and CCNA
- 7 years minimum working experience with LAN, Wi-Fi and WAN coverage
- Knowledge of Geographic Information System (GIS); MS SQL or Oracle DBA Architecture and Administration
Purpose of the Job: To provide administrative support services.
- Maintains and safe-keeps records (insurance, repairs, maintenance, vehicle/equipment movement, accidents, and disposal)
- Supervises and assigns duties to support staff
- Monitors lease arrangements and ensures rents are paid
- Assists in allocating office space to staff
- Supervises and ensures office cleaning and sanitation services are as per the contract agreement with outsourced service providers
- allocates motor vehicle space
- Monitors and ensures provision of security on premises including; employee identification, screening of visitors and management of the entrance and reception area
- Facilitates repairs of Authority’s assets
- Ensures effective and efficient allocation of usage of vehicles
- Monitors and coordinates asset’s insurance
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- A degree in Social Sciences
- Higher Diploma in HR; Business Management and related studies
- Minimum of 6 years of experience
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer knowledge for HR and Admin Systems
- Full membership in the Institute of Human Resources Management.
Purpose of the Job
- Organizes and maintains electronic and paper files database of records, contract documents and other legal and policy documents
- Maintains a Filing System for the section and ensures documents are sent off-site after recording into the Records Management Database
- Prepares and administers an effective Bring-Up System on communication on all legal matters and other related issues
- Establishes and maintains a Case Management System
- Monitors receipt of and tracks returned contracts
- Maintains and updates spread sheets covering all executed contracts and agreements
- Document and follow up payment of legal bills
- Assists in typing and editing all legal documents and correspondence
- Drafts letters and reports and performs related clerical tasks e.g. photocopying, faxing, mailing, sorting mail and scheduling conference rooms
- Facilitates registration of Contract and Lease Documents at the Lands Registry
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
- Diploma in Legal Secretarial Studies; or Diploma in Business Administration
- 3 years minimum experience
- Computer literacy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Writing and proof reading skills
Purpose of the Job
- To ensure efficient running of the Authority’s Central Registry.
- To maintain indexes as per the file classification system.
- To label file appropriately.
- To sort materials that is to be filed according to their authority’s filing system.
- File materials in drawers/cabinets.
- To locate and remove materials from files when requested.
- To receive incoming mails and distribute to the relevant departments.
- To maintain mail register for both incoming and outgoing.
- To maintain file movement register and file tracking card for each file.
- Diploma in Records Management.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Good communication as well as interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of computer packages.
Applications without the relevant copies of documentation/details as sought for will not be considered and any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification
The Director General
Nairobi Kenya National Highways Authority
Blue Shield Towers, 9th floor, Hospital Hill Road
P.O. Box 49712-00100,