Stores Assistant Jobs career in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review the daily organization and operation of the storerooms, ensuring that the storeroom is fully capable and functional in its layout and capacity to adequately support the material needs of maintenance and company operations.
- Receipt of incoming material shipments, verifying that appropriate receipt and Quality Control (QC) inspections are completed in a timely manner and appropriate Client Relationship Management System (CRM) transactions are made to complete the receiving process.
- Ensure that materials in the storerooms are stored properly, inspected and cared for through general material handling and warehousing principles. Ensures effective utilization of Lay-up Maintenance and Shelf-Life Programs, participates in the accomplishment of Inventory Cycle Counts and Physical Inventories, Root Cause Analysis and Accuracy.
- Oversee storerooms security through continuous monitoring of the security program, frequent review of physical security measures, and recommends modifications to the program as required.
- Facilitate staging and kitting of materials to support customer service and maintenance work orders and planning, timely delivery of materials to clients or maintenance sites, preparations for shipment of items as required, and preparation of materials for processing to scrap.
- Facilitate the packaging and completion of required documentation to support shipping of materials from the company to vendor shops or manufacturer repair facilities.
- Monitor obsolete and non-moving materials to identify and recommend items for disposition.
- Facilitate the preparation of items as required for sale, return, or scrapping.
- Facilitate all operations in the CRM to ensure proper entry of each transaction representing receipt, issue, movement, shipment and handling of materials.
- Measure, track and monitor all assigned Storeroom KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators).
- Arrange and schedule regular training for stores personnel. Conduct On-the-Job training as necessary to maintain personnel proficiency in stores operations.
- Participate in maintaining a clean and organized Storeroom as well as any point-of-use inventory storage areas.
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the Company’s’
- Record Management Policy and Procedures.
- Comply with all relevant safety, quality, health and environmental procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
- Perform other related duties or assignment as directed.
- Materials Handling experience commensurate with duties and responsibilities of the position
- Easy to contact and to communicate and work with
- Exhibits a sense of urgency when necessary
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to issue and explain good instructions
- Working knowledge of computer systems, ability to learn CRM input, retrieval and use
- Understanding of the proper use of Work Orders, priorities and schedules
- Experiential knowledge of FIFO (First in First out) inventory management
- Experiential knowledge of the ABC stock classification system
- Ability to work in a team environment, fully supporting the goals and objectives of the maintenance and operations efforts
- Diploma in Purchasing & Supplies or a Minimum 5 years’
- Stores Management experience.
Disclaimer: Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements stated above need not apply.
ONLY candidates fulfilling the requirements of the positions should email their application together with a detailed and updated CV, indicating your availability, expected and current salary via email to: email@example.com