ICAP Receptionist Job in Kenya 2014
Administration Jobs in Kenya
Position:: Receptionist Job
ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Ministry of Health to strengthen HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at provincial and county health facilities.
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Overall Job Function:
Reporting to the Office Administrator, Receptionist will be the entry point of ICAP in Kisumu office responsible for coordinating all in-coming and out-going communication/records with key attention to both internal and external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deal with all telephone or personal callers to the office and refer them to the appropriate individual within the organization or assist in dealing with their request for information on the organisation or its publications as required.
- Work in collaboration with the Program officers/staff to develop a database for ICAP Kenya project clients in Nyanza Market the culture of ICAP Kenya to the public by communicating well about ICAP Kenya; the business objectives, vision, Mission and Core Values.
- Provide service to all staff by transferring telephone and personal callers to relevant staff members Assist in the provision of secretarial services to the Program officers Sort all incoming mails and distribute them within the organisation as appropriate.
- Record incoming and outgoing cheques Order and log courier and taxi services Manage the audio-visual booking system.
- Be in-charge of board room bookings for meetings using the approved company template Handle hotel bookings for the organization Work in collaboration with the Office Administrator and to ensure monthly reports from respective program leaders reach the Regional Director in good time for onwards transmission to the Country Director in good time Help the Office Administrator to coordinate with all staff in Nyanza to ensure timely submission of Time Sheets to the HR Department in Nairobi office Undertake such other duties as may be assigned by the HR Manager or his/her designee from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Human Resources Management/Public Relations/ Customer Care
- At least 3 years practical experience as in similar position
- Computer literacy in MS Office- Excel, Word, Power point ( very essential)
- Good inter-personal skills:
- Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Ability to uphold confidentiality on matters related to staff and the organization in general Good communication skills both in English and Kiswahili Time Management:
- Effectively manage one’s time and resources to organize and prioritize workload activities and deliver in good time Good listening skills Team player:
- ability to work well with other members of staff Flexibility to undertake other additional responsibilities
All applications including a current CV (attachments bearing both your names and the job title), telephone number, referees, current and expected salary should be sent to the
HR and Administration Manager, ICAP, firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th December 2013.